TMM Nepal is a custom holiday package development platform. Add all items you are interested in the cart by clicking 'Add to Cart' and submit. We will get back to you with a customized holiday package quotation consisting of just the things you are interested in.
- Budhanilkantha Temple, located in Budhanilkantha, Nepal, is a Hindu open air temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Budhanilkantha Temple is situated below the Shivapuri Hill at the northern end of the Kathmandu valley.
- It can be identified by a large reclining statue of Lord Vishnu.
- The temple's main statue of Budhanilkantha is considered the largest stone carving in Nepal.
- The main statue is a black stone structure carved from a single block of black basalt.
- The statue stands 5 meters tall (around 16.4 feet) and is positioned in the middle of a recessed pool of water, which is 13 meters (42.65 feet) long.
- It depicts the deity reclining on the coils of the cosmic serpent Shesha.
- He holds the Sudarsana chakra, Club,a Conch Shell and a gem in his four hands.
- He is well adorned with a crown engraved with multiple Kirtimukha images which can often be seen being overlapped by a silver crown.
- This temple is regarded as a sacred place for Hindus but equally well venerated by Buddhists which is an excellent example of religious harmony in Nepal.